Friday, February 22, 2013

2013 Catch-Up: Singapore on Film


Hey hey, welcome to another instalment of the 2013 Catch-up series. In this post we look at another fine piece of vintage camera equipment; the Canon EOS Rebel II.


Since I shot a few rolls with my Olympus Trip 35, I really wanted to shoot film using an SLR. I found this particular camera in a small shop in the middle of Ho Chi Minh City that was no bigger than my bedroom. For some reason there are vintage cameras for sale everywhere over there, and I picked it up for a pittance (about $25 Australian).
It wasn't until I got back to my hotel room that I noticed only my telephoto lens fitted it, and I wasn't keen on shooting a whole roll of really zoomed in photos of stuff.
After Vietnam I went to Singapore, and it was there I bought the second hands lens you see in the photo above. I thought it was a pretty good bargain at the time for roughly $150AUS, but after some use I think the sweet old man in the camera shop may have ripped me off. No bother though, it's still usable, just a bit stiff.
It was great shooting film in the middle of Singapore; as soon as I ran out of film it wasn't hard to find a camera shop and buy some more. There are more camera shops than cafes there.

The following photos are shot in and around Orchard Road:




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and give your opinion!
All comments will be moderated but this is just to keep the spam out. I read everyone's with the love and care that it deserves.