Friday, April 26, 2013

2013 Catch-up: Street Photography in Vietnam


It's time to start getting all these catch-up posts out of the way again. If I don't do them soon, they'll never get 
done and I'll have to recreate that above image with a 4.


Late last year I went on a family trip to Vietnam and Singapore. It was my first trip where I bought my DSLR, and by extension the first time I've been out of the country while shooting manual. It seems that most tourists these days are toting around cameras more expensive than their air-fairs, but they seem to only use them for happy snaps. 
Bringing along something that bulky and expensive on holiday seems a bit excessive when you're not going to use it to its full advantage, but I'm not going to start ranting about it. At the end of the day, people are free to buy and use whatever the hell they want no matter how silly it may seem. The only times I really got angry with them was when they were using the equipment out in the rain. Seriously, I don't know why they do it, but people willingly carrying around laptops, cameras and phones in the rain really confuse me. I would just think that would be common sense. 



Either way, Vietnam is a fantastic country. From crowed cities to lush, green and humid rainforests, Vietnam is a really fun place to visit and photograph. Most of these photos were taken in Saigon, but a few were taken in day trips out to the countryside.






























 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and give your opinion!
All comments will be moderated but this is just to keep the spam out. I read everyone's with the love and care that it deserves.